Saying goodbye to an ex?? closure?
Dating / 11:13 AM - Monday July 30, 2007

saying goodbye to an ex?? closure?

I'm currently in a serious, live in relationship. My ex-bf has been in contact with me and is trying to pursue me. I told him that it's not in the cards but he's still attempting. He wants to see me this week and I would like to say hi and get some closure. If I do, then he'll think I want to get back together. I don't want to hurt him anymore than I have to, I used to be in love with the man. Is it selfish to go see him and just say goodbye? Knowing that it's going to hurt him either way?

Please don't lecture about my current bf. He and I are fine.

- Asked by greengurl420, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Other Profession

Well if your in a serious live in relationship then I would hope that you already have closure because if not, you shouldn't of entered into such a relationship. My advice is to decline his invitation to meet. The two of you have nothing left to discuss, you have moved on with your life and now it is time for him to accept that the relationship is over. You meeting him will only give this man false hope and he will continue to pursue you until you actually have to be a bitch to get rid of him. Plus this could be harmful to your current relationship. Let go and move on! You don't have to talk to an ex to get closure this comes from acceptance of the situation not from him!

bring your bf with you to see him

~KR

- Response by kitsunerenard, A Life of the Party, Male, 36-45, Self-Employed

let your present guy know what you are doing and meet with the guy. Go for a lunch and tell him to go to hell - give him the all the closure he wants. You're done, you've moved on and you're really happy and you hope he is too. don't worry about hurting him, he's doing it to himself - it's not your deal.

- Response by rbinaz, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55, Phoenix, Self-Employed

I wouldn't do it, you're just leading him on and asking for more problems. Just forget it and let him move on.

- Response by rexy67, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

I think it's selfish of him to ignore your wishes. You've told him you aren't interested, he's ignoring this. If YOU don't want him, what more closure do you really need? Closure is a gift to yourself, not from him.

It sounds like seeing him will send the wrong message. If you want to really impress on him tha things are done between you, take your current boyfriend along. that might be the final nail in the coffin to really make him understand.

- Response by mikehug, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Cleveland

You want to see him and get closure/goodbye, but if you see your ex, he may not see it as that, he may see it as there is hope that you will get back together. I think you should just leave it as is and when he contacts you again, just tell him that you have moved on and are with someone else and happy. See him can only open up old wounds. Do you really want to go thru that???

- Response by MaryAnne, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Regina, Managerial

If you were him what would you want him to do?
I am like your "x" and If it were me I would want to get together no matter what............one last chance! It wont cost either of you a penny but it may help a broken heart begin to heal! God bless

- Response by 01princessdi, A Thinker, Female, 56-65

What do you need closure for? It's over. Leave it alone.

- Response by sportsman48126, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45