He said "I love you" on the 2nd date...
Dating / 2:21 PM - Monday July 09, 2007

He said "I love you" on the 2nd date...

Our first date was in a bar and we had fun talking to each other. And on the 2nd date, I went to have dinner at his apartment. Things happened very naturally after dinner. And while we were in his bed, he said he loves me. I was confused. Does guy say "I love you" so easily, especially in bed?

- Asked by A Career Woman, Female, 36-45, San Francisco, Internet / New Media

Depends on the guy. Some can say I love you just like they say hi! Some don't ever say it. What's more important is to pay attention to how he acts. It'll tell you everything you want to know.

xx

- Response by understanding1, A Cool Mom, Female, 56-65, Self-Employed

It can happen, just don't look too much into his words. Just take it one day at a time. Pretend he told you " he likes you alot".

- Response by thewiselady2004, A Creative, Female, 56-65, Los Angeles, Self-Employed

Whoa. Talk about moving quickly.....

Be careful of men who profess their love so early on. They tend to be emotionally "shallow" - meaning, they jump in fast, and can just out just as fast.

Obviously, it's not sitting right with you, because you're confused, and posting about him.

I tend to believe that a profession of love shouldn't be first done in bed - on the SECOND DATE.

Proceed with caution, and do NOT stew about this - talk to him. Tell him you feel a bit weird that he said that so quickly, and give him an opportunity to back out of that statement, and explain where he's coming from.

- Response by sakura1, A Player, Female, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

YIKES!!! Guys say alot of things on first or second date... It doesn't matter to them. My dilema in answering your question properly is that I lack information other than two dates...

Apparently, this fellow does NOT know “love” and the meaning of love… You can’t have 2 dates, be in bed together on the second date and express the words “I love you”.

I would be cautious with this guy and don’t get too wrapped up too quickly. And for the life of me, I don’t know why you went to “bed” with this guy only on the second date. But alas, it's your life and your decision.

Take care of yourself and don’t move too fast. There are tons of guys out there with the “I love you” syndrome. Be aware!

Good luck,
Pam
New York

- Response by jakasaki, A Career Woman, Female, 56-65, New York, Technical

He probubly doesnt really love you,most guys will say "ilove you",just to get in bed with you.my advice is ,dump him

- Response by xoxjamiexox, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

he must be said it for you to have sex with him.or to make sure u dont backout if yall were to have sex.

- Response by A Thinker, Female, 22-25, Student

2nd date is a little early to me. I'd proceed with caution.

- Response by rexy67, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

Some "modern" guys have no problem saying that, its just an expression of how they feel. But you should be clear on his definition. It could mean that he loves you and wants to keep dating or it could mean he is a clingon, or it could mean he feels love in an agape sense but doesn't wantt anything serious.

- Response by arabella, An Alternative Girl, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

Yes, guys do say those mushy things in bed. I wouldn't put too much stock into it until he says it fully dressed and in another room.

- Response by mountainchic, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Other Profession

I never did, but he's obviously smitten with you.

- Response by sportsman48126, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45

Are u kidding me? "things happened very naturally...while we were in bed..." IT WAS YOUR SECOND DATE! You are 29-35 yrs old do u honestly think he loves you??!! Geezz us women are NUTS!!!

- Response by misty12181, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Charlotte, Medical / Dental