Free cruise or hoax?
Jokes, Polls & Anything Else / 3:33 PM - Tuesday July 03, 2007

Free cruise or hoax?

Are the free offers of a vacation cruise (obviously dock fees and taxes are still paid) actually real or are they hoaxes meant to get your money?

I got a letter in the mail offering me a free vacation cruise from Imperial Majesty Cruise Line Vacations, and I thought I'd throw caution to the wind and call them. There actually was a person on the other end instead of a recording, although he sounded quite like a recording.

He immediately asked for my phone number. Aside from that though, he didn't ask for anything, other than saying that they were part of Ramada. He asked me to go to a website (something like regalregistration.com) and asked me to enter a password which seemed too generic to attribute it to me, as opposed to any other person.

Currently I have not gone to the website for fear it's got a virus or that it could somehow steal sensitive info from my pc. Should I trust this? Has anyone here heard of these free cruise offers being REAL?

- Asked by corsair77, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, New York, Who Cares?

They are selling something. I have known some people who went to the presentation, and then went on the cruise.

And I have recieved bunches of offers for a free vacation if only I would listen to the time share presentation. I did once for dinner for two at a very nice place. Dinner cost them about $100. The presentation lasted for about 45 minutes.

But it is pretty high pressure. I have known people who could not resist.

So, my advice is to see what they want you to buy, decide if it is worth it to you, assuming you are not interested in buying it, and then decide if you want to go.

If they ask for your credit card number, hang up.

No legitimate company is going to offer you a free cruise. You just haven't figured out what their scam is yet. I would forget the whole thing unless you want to report them to the scam police.

Don't do it! It's a trap...nobody just gives out free cruises when you do nothing..

- Response by jillopo, An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35