Do married men involved in an affair leave?
Married Life / 4:38 PM - Tuesday June 19, 2007

Does a married man that is having an affair ever leave his wife? I know of a couple that have and are now married to their mistress. What makes them want to leave? Any divorced men out there ever leave for their mistress?

- Asked by lulu0071, A Thinker, Female, 36-45

the grass always seems greener on the other side, but chances are, the way you get him is the way you will lose him.

- Response by busyb704, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Other Profession

i left.

still with her, 3 yrs later--happy.

- Response by quano, A Jock, Male, 46-55, Newark, Self-Employed

by the way you rate your responses I already know what you want to hear and that you have your hopes up high and mind made up.

all i gotta say is

BUAHAHAHAHAHA

- Response by thomasd, A Player, Male, 29-35, Boston, Technical

I am involved with a married man; for almost 7 years; he has not left yet; keeps tellintg me it's because of the kids (youngest 13) I feel like a fool; i love him; says he loves me, am heart broken; trying to move on at this point but it is the hardest thing I have ever done...i blame myself for getting involved in the first place

- Response by A Creative, Female, 56-65, Self-Employed

you serious?
well my best friend's dad 4 affairs and finally left on the last one. He dated the last one for about a year after the divorce, and they are now married. It's sick because now when my friend goes over there, he's with his dad and the woman his dad left his mother for.

- Response by mousepad, A Creative, Female, 26-28, Student

Yes they do leave their wives sometimes. It just depends on the kind of man you're talking about. If the guy is just screwing around cause he can get away with it, then he isn't going to leave. If the guy is really miserable with his wife and in love with his mistress, then he very well may leave his wife. One thing that holds even the guy in "love" back is children. And no, I didn't leave my wife for another woman.

- Response by amegioa, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, Teaching

It all depends. Yes, some married men do leave their wives for their mistress if they felt in love with her or think they are in love. I do think some men are happy they did it and live happy lives because they were neglected in their marriage or not loved and appreciated. But statistically, if they did not leave home 6 months after the affair started, they never will. Also, some leave and come back asking for forgiveness (my experience).

- Response by rosybarreto, A Married Girl, Female, 56-65, Teaching

It happens. Look at Johnny Cash and June Carter for example. But most of them won't. Especially not if they know they can still have you and NOT have to leave. My advice for the other woman is to do the ultimatum thing and say; "You can have a life with me or a life with her, not both". It isn't fair to go behind his wife's back either. She deserves to be with someone who really loves her. And the other woman deserve to be with someone who is hers and hers only. Why settle for scraps?

My ex hubby left me for the other woman. We had been married for 7 yrs when he left. They did get married but are now going thru a divorce because she cheated on him and tried to pass off another mans child as his...All I can say is Karma is a bitch!

- Response by 1cutechicaintx, A Cool Mom, Female, 36-45, Teaching

they leave if they will not loose money and if the mistress is younger and dumber than the wife.

the ones tht dont leave are just screwing around and like to get away with stuff. also sex addicts.

men with character get divorced and then move on. cheaters are not acceptable. they lack integrity.

- Response by marcias, An Alternative Girl, Female, 56-65, Denver, Self-Employed