Can a man love two women at th ...
5:07 PM - Saturday February 08, 2003

Can a man love two women at the same time?

- Asked by A Life of the Party, Female, 29-35, Philadelphia

Sure. A man can love two women at the same time. The issue is really what type of love and to what degree. There is the 'I love pizza' love and the 'I am so in love with you -- I want to marry you' love' and the 'I love my parents' love. Each a different type and degree of love. A man can still have loving feelings for a past girlfriend and still fall in love with you, but the past love should be out of his system and you should be the 'love of his life'. If not, forget it! Can a man fall in love with two women? Some guys will tell you they can -- but don't believe it. When a man is in love with 'A' woman -- there is no chance of him falling in love with another because if he loves you he will not be out building a love relationship with someone else. Love takes time and grows from the initial infatuation. Can a guy be infatuated with two woman? -- Absolutely. In love with two woman is a game and an excuse to have your cake and eat it too. It's not really love. If a guy tells you he is in love with two woman you should ask him 'what is love to you?' or 'is that the deepest love you are capable of giving?'

- Response by markm, A Guy Critical, Male, 36-45, San Diego

Sure , if both women are into that kind of thing. Seriously , though, It is possible to have certain aspects of love with more than one woman, but to be totally in love , also means respect, and a desire to not hurt the other person. Being involved with 2 or more women is not love in my book. Some men can delude themselves into believing they love both, but in truth they are just selfishly trying to get the most (fill in the blank) .

- Response by tampa614, A Jock, Male, 36-45, Tampa

NO!A man who says he loves two women at the same time is a lying jerk! He is using you and the other women if that's who is involved. He just wants the luxury of having two women at his every call. I'd dump him as you could never trust him. A man who has more then one woman at a time will always have more than one woman at a time. Take that to the bank!

- Response by skyguy, A Rebel, Male

veekay: No. Plain and simple. Oh, he might think he can and might even tell you (or, more to the point, try to sell you) that he can, but the simple fact is that he cannot. Now this might call into view the questions about love that can only be answered by poets and philosophers. So, you ahve to consider this: in order for two people to be in love, there has got to be a strong emotional connection and vulnerability backed by mutual trust between the two. This emotional bond, this level of trust, this mutual vulnerability only happens between two people - not three. I would suggest that if there is a man in your life telling you he is in love with two women at once and one of them is you - then he is lying to you, the other woman and himself. I would suggest he is trying to 'have his cake and eat it too.' Further, he is not capable of cimmitment since he has not committed to either woman. Hope this helps. Good luck.

- Response by mweber62, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 36-45, Charlotte, Financial / Banking

YES...BUT BE IN LOVE??? NO...WHEN ONE DOOR OPENS...ANOTHER CLOSES BEHIND... BEYOND THAT...HE IS IN LOVE WITH HIMSELF AND HIS SITUATION...TO BE LOVED BY TWO WOMEN IS EGO BOOSTING BUT POMPOUS... THIS IS OFF MY NORMAL PATH, BUT IT TICKLES ME TO TELL IT... REMEMBER ARCHIE WITH BETTY AND VERONICA??? HE LOVED BOTH FOR THEIR OWN REASONS...BUT WE ALL KNEW HE WAS IN LOVE WITH VERONICA...THE MESSAGE WAS SUBTLE...BUT THERE FOR A REASON...BEYOND THAT...IT WOULD BE A LIE... GOOD QUESTION...AMONGST THE BEST YET... SIMPLE...CONSICE... GOOD LUCK

- Response by jeff4play, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, New York

In my opinion, no, he cannot be in love with two women at once. It’s like in the Bible. A person cannot serve two masters. When you’re in love, you’re spiritually attached to that person. Therefore, it is impossible to be attached to two different people at the same time. He probably likes one of the ladies for her spirit. He might like the other girl for her physicalness.

- Response by p51302, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 46-55, Los Angeles, Technical

Im actually going through this exact situation right now. I love my ex and care for her deeply but more recently (over the summer) i met someone that i'm falling in love with. Now, both women are very different and i am intimate with both at very different levels. But i feel i love them both. My ex is my best friend, confidant and we share a closeness, history etc. but we know it doesn't work beyong the intimacy part. On the other hand, the other relationship is new exciting and the chemistry is rediculous! So my answer is YES. However, ultimately, someone will get hurt...most likely the ex.

- Response by A Player, Male, 36-45

no way he is playing games with you and your soul move on

- Response by sissy007, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Law Enforcement

Well, im so confused. There's this guy i love too much but hes getting engaged soon with his gf and he tells me that hes in love with me at the same time. i know that it ridiculous and hes lying and stuff but no matter what i do, he doesnt let me go. i cant find a way to stop this.
PLease help :(

- Response by A Creative, Female, 22-25, London

Interesting comments about loving two women, my situation is somewhat different I started off on a dating agency this lady lived in Australia I live in Spanish she only wanted friendship/penpal that is all.so we spent many months on e-mails and Skype we knew the distance was far too great for any serious relationship and one day she said that I must find someone in my locality which is what I did unfortunately she had deeper feeling for me than she realized when one day I mentioned that I had found someone,So my advice would be to be very careful regards distant relationships we still communicate and she responds with my new girlfriend but at time do feel uneasy about things

- Response by casalavanda, A Guy Critical, Male, 66 or older, Cartegena, Who Cares?

not probable but possible. probably love the feeling of being in love more then being in love.

- Response by wolf4d, A Couch Potato, Male, 36-45, Chicago, Other Profession

Yes he can. each woman can offer individual things he needs and likes. The problem is he gets torn and feels he needs to make a decision but how to choose?

- Response by jerry, A Jock, Male, 36-45, Buffalo

Actually,I think anyone can love two people at the same time.

- Response by snowman6986, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 36-45, Kansas City