Step daughter exhibitionist
Family & Parenting / 12:53 AM - Saturday April 07, 2007

step daughter exhibitionist

I'm recently divorced but my ex-wife's 18 yr old daughter still lives with me. The other night I got out of work and when I got home she was on the internet and was chatting while topless. She said that she lost track of time and didn't realize I was home. A couple days later she "forgot" to latch the bathroom door while taking a bath right after I went to bed. The dog always pushes the door open and did so again that night giving me a full view of her body. What is she up to and should I tell her mother or just tell her to stop and not say anything?

- Asked by presley, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, Who Cares?, Other Profession

Cover your ass (no punn intended).

Lay out the rules and if she does not follow them she is out.

Warning: She is either trying to seduce you or trying to get kicked out (does she have a guy in the wings she wants to shack up with or does she want to live with her mom and not know how to ask?).

You are the parent (regardless of marital status).

All the Best!

- Response by katyjane493, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Who Cares?

Dear Penthouse Forum...I never thought this would ever happen to me...

- Response by castle5, A Guy Critical, Male, 29-35, Chicago, Who Cares?

It seems like she is asking for it. The girl is not that dumb! She is trying to seduce you. I would get her out as soon as possible before she accuses you of something.

- Response by pinkfantasygal, A Player, Female, 29-35, Pittsburgh, Fashion

like mother, like daughter. Sounds like the daughter (legal age) is trying to take up where her mom left off. Unless you have legally adopted the young woman she's not your relative any more than her mom was. Sounds like a woman with the hots.

You're asking a question you have already answered.
It seems to me the 18 years old is either an exhibitionist / tease, or you need to teach the dog to leave her door alone.
You had best tell her mother of this behavior, before you get caught up in something you had no part of.
Conversely, you are recently divorced, and there's a nubile young woman in your house....
are you sure you're not deluding yourself and it's NOT the dog opening her door ???

- Response by v33m0n, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55, Minneapolis, Hospitality

I would say very politely ask her to be more careful because you don't want to cause any tension between you and her mother because of some silly mistake, or something along those lines. If she persists, tell her mother, or suggest that it'd be more comfortable if she was with her mom instead. For those last two I would use your discretion as to which order to approach it from. You understuand the situation between you and your ex much better then i possibly could.

- Response by anivaniza, An Alternative Girl, Female, 22-25, Student

IF ... i WOULD YOU INFORM that young lady,that she better to find another place to stay..and then inform her mother..Good luck!

- Response by choochooboo, A Creative, Female, 46-55, Medical / Dental

You can count on this girl NOT being as naive as she apparently wants you to believe. She may or may not understand the full ramifications of her actions, but you can be sure that she knows what she is doing in an immediate sense. You are right to be suspicious and cautious.

Why is your legal-aged step-daughter living with you and not with her mother? What are your options and what are the real constraints that you are working with here? You are at risk and need to make some changes. That girl could simply go to the authorities and claim that you did something you didn't. These days a man in your position is guilty by accusation. The resulting ruination of life as you have known it is entirely avoidable. Avoid it. You need to make some changes. Explore your options, be sure of the advantages and disadvantages of each, make a decision, and implement it. Do it before you have the police in your living room.

- Response by 2wheels, A Creative, Male, 56-65, Retired

Technically, she's an adult and by the sound of it, she's purposely enjoying doing what she's doing. Has she expressed an interest in you? Sounds to me like she's flirting with/seducing you in a way.

- Response by jeepfan43, A Career Woman, Female, 36-45, Other Profession