A fourth marriage?
Married Life / 2:25 PM - Friday January 26, 2007

a fourth marriage?

Do you think that a man who is 48 and has been married 3 times can be successful in a 4th marriage? Do people really mature and learn from their mistakes, or are some people just not cut out to be married? What would it take to convince you that he could make a fourth marriage work (and be the last)?

You need to find out the age he was and how long each marriage was. The most important question to him is why they broke up. Remember it takes 2 to make a marriage and only one to end it. I would be cautious about being his 4th wife. Rosey

I think you nailed it. Have you both learned from your mistakes? Sometimes the fourth time really is a keeper. I would be concerned about your age-difference though. He has far more life experience than you do. You need to make sure you don't just become his arm-candy.

- Response by mrmusic, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 56-65, Los Angeles, Artist / Musician / Writer

If he's in your age range and been married 3 times already I'd run for the hills. He's the type of guy that wants the girl to commit and do all the sacrificing and they get tired of it and dump him. Then he moves right to the next one because he can't be by himself. My ex was like that.

- Response by underthestars, An Alternative Girl, Female, 36-45, San Jose, Medical / Dental

im going to say unless he underwent HUGE HUGE HUGE personal transition after the 3rd marriage, the chances of number 4 working are about zero

if he didnt learn the first 3 times - c'mon

thats just flogging a dead horse.....

:o)

- Response by anonymouse32, An Alternative Girl, Female, 18-21

No - the odds are geometric everytime there's a failed marriage. If he couldn't figure it our after the second marriage then I would have to give that a big NEGATORY !

- Response by ereculus, A Creative, Male, 46-55, Boston, Other Profession

I think the fact that he's had THREE failed marriages is an indication that he will not and does not want to change or learn anything.

- Response by mountainchic, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, Other Profession

Marriage #4, enough said.

- Response by hardbull, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 46-55, San Francisco, Financial / Banking