Married 3 Times
Dating / 11:36 AM - Monday November 20, 2006

Married 3 Times

What are your thoughts on a guy who has been married and divorced 3 times?

Would you think there is something wrong with him? Is he the type that is just searching for something he will never find?

- Asked by songstress, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Self-Employed

Man or woman, anybody who's been divorced that much has issues.

Some people just aren't the marrying type but there is so much pressure from society to get hitched they just keep doing it over and over.

I have a friend who's been divorced 3 times and places all the blame on his ex-wives. Well, guess what you picked these 3 women and the only common denominator in all of your failed marriages is you so it's time to take a long hard look on the inside. Unless he's done that, and I mean years of real soul searching, I'd avoid him if I were you. Good luck

- Response by sportsnut7875, A Life of the Party, Male, 36-45, Technical

If he's under 30, that would be of concern. If he's in this 50s or later, I guess I could see it.

What would really matter is the WHY of the divorces. His only issue may be that he's too gullible and picking the wrong women. Or it could be as you said, he's just looking for the rush and when its over, he's outta there. I'd dig around for more details before forming an opinion.

man can he pick em...I have a feeling that if hes married three different women and he's been divorced from all three of them then there is something that he is doing wrong and he doesn't want to change. Man that guy has got to be completely broke...did you meet him on the corner living in a box?

- Response by eb545, A Rebel, Male, 29-35, Pittsburgh, Science / Engineering

Tells me that he picks the wrong women I suppose?
Telle me that he is not a capable of keeping a relationship
Sounds like he should stay single cause nobody wants someone who marries one two three times in a lifetime and can't make it work?
Some men just can't comprimise or can't handle a commitment I guess?

- Response by A Hippie Chick, Female, 36-45, Newark, Medical / Dental

As a guy on his third, I would say it would all be a function of those dynamics....what caused the break ups? Was he cheating each time? If so, yes, men don't change really. Is he someone that is too nice, gets taken advantage of? Then maybe not......I mean he isn't someone to worry about.

Have a good one!

- Response by kanaka, A Life of the Party, Male, 46-55, Dallas, Executive

I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole. Being married three times obviously means he cannot commit. And I know some people will say he picked all the wrong women, but come on! That's only an excuse. One out of three had to be better than the rest, and he wasn't willing to stick around and work through the troubles.

That's what this says to me - a man like this is not willing to put hard work into a relationship. I'd stay far away. Heck, I wouldn't even want to take up with a man divorced ONCE, much less THREE times! What does that say about his family values? He doesn't have any.

- Response by ladysirene, A Trendsetter, Female, 29-35, New York, Other Profession

run for the hills

- Response by jasmine27, A Thinker, Female, 26-28, Other Profession

It sounds like he has problems commiting. Either that or he is just so picky and when he is with someone for a certain amount of time he finds the littlest things wrong with them.

That is one thought, it could also be that his wifes are not faithful and that he keeps getting hurt. He may not have any good taste in women and that he keeps getting married to the wrong women.

No matter what the problem is...you don't want to get involved with him because you don't want to become just another divorcee.

- Response by An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35, Dallas, Technical

Searching for something that he'll never find? On the contrary, maybe he's searched and successfully found it **three times over**.

Myabe he was looking for a short-term marriage in each of those relationships.

- Response by DMB7, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, Toronto, Therapist