Feel like he's getting tired of me!
Dating / 12:15 PM - Saturday November 04, 2006

Feel like he's getting tired of me!

I've been with my man for 3 months now. At first I was scared that I was going to make him sick of me by going over too much, but he seemed like he always wanted to see me, and when I'd say "I don't want to come over too much and make you sick of me" he'd say, "I won't get sick of you". I still feel now that maybe I did smother him a little too much. Lately he doesn't seem too excited to see me. I don't know if I should step back now. Guys, if you really like a girl do you still get tired of seeing her sometimes? And is stepping back for a little while a good idea or will it make him think I'm up to something?

Update: November 04, 2006.
Ok, so is calling him off limits too? lol Or should I just not go by as often?

- Asked by livelovedance, A Career Woman, Female, 29-35, Houston, Who Cares?

3 months is not a long time in a relationship. You should have a life without your man. What makes relationships interesting is shared experiences as well as time doing things on your own. Learn to give him space and yourself space. Never ask a man if he will get sick of you. He might one day decide you are too insecure and smothering. Rosey

youre smothering him. trying to become his life and be involved with every aspect. regardless of what he says, he will tire of this. it makes you seem you have no life other than him. not a very attractive trait.

- Response by markdi, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, Los Angeles, Managerial

Well in not a guy.. but i think i can help you out.
My boyfriend and i have been dating about a year&a half...he lives about half of an hour away from me and we dont go to the same school.
Because i dont see him everyday or even every few days its so much more exciting when i see him then when my friends see their boyfriends everyday. Of course id love to see him everyday but not seeing him everyday has really worked out great for us..
Anyways...
I think you were right... there is too much of a good thing...at first. The more you love someone the more you want them around, but at first you have to leave something to the imagination...make him wonder where you are sometimes. But its so much easier to just *be around*. :)
I think you should continue to see him but not so often. Have a few girls nights (im sure they are missing seeing you around) or just go out with people from work or whatever.
Just dont always be available to him for a little while and he'll be begging you to come around. :)
-M

- Response by meredith13, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 18-21, Student

Listen to your instincts, honey. They are never wrong. When you feel that you are seeing too much of someone, you are! People need breathing room in a relationship. Step back for a bit and who cares if he thinks you are up to something, it will do you both good.

- Response by purrzn, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

Sorry but you sound so insecure..you suggested to him several times he will get sick of you?? Man, a man or woman into the other person would hardly feel this way..come on..How often do you see him? A little space is good sometimes.

- Response by butternutbisque, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

It doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't want to be with you, he just might not get butterflies everytime you show up. It's important to have your own life too. If you want him to be excited to see you, you have to give him time to miss you.

- Response by floridagirl, An Alternative Girl, Female, 36-45, Other Profession

if you were really Nicole Kidman I would never get tired of you, lol..

I would love you down, always

- Response by gqchris, A Rebel, Male, 36-45, San Jose, Financial / Banking

It depends. I personally love tat kind of attention.

I did have a lady that caled 3 time a day on a LDR. That got old though because I couldn't talk to her at work andshe took it the wrong way. The 3 hour time difference didn't help.

- Response by firebolt99, A Rebel, Male, 46-55