Do I know you?
Sex & Intimacy / 12:31 PM - Saturday October 21, 2006

Do I know you?

Seems like some people here know each other. Do you really know each other? or are you just friends thru A*ology? Did you meet here? Did you know each other before?

Would you ever (have you ever) met anyone from A*ology in person? Either just for friendship or dating. Or are you strictly here for Anonymous Q & A?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Update: October 21, 2006.
I'm gonna answer my own question... I only personally know 2 person on here, my sister & her s/o. I saw A*ology as a "favorite" when using their laptop. I commented that I was also a member but we did not reveal our screennames so we we are still anon to each other. I have made some great friends here, 1 in particular who I talk to every day! *wink* I found A*ology by accident & got addicted really fast! I love Q & A! I have been using the internet for dating for several years now so I'm not opposed to meeting an online friend if the opportunity arrises. I did not come here hoping to find anything but A's. So I'm already 1-up! You can never have to many friends!

- Asked by fbomb101, A Life of the Party, Female, 36-45, Boston, Managerial

I stumbled upon this site, and after reading people for a long time, I decided to join. I have a few people, that I now speak to from here on a daily basis. I consider them my A'ology buddies. All of them live nowhere near me, so I guess I could call them my 'long distance friendships', although we have never met. I think when you find a connection and a little bit of likeness of yourself with someone, it just takes off from there. I would like to one day, sit down and have a beer with a lot of people from here. I don't think it matters where you find a friend. There are certain things that I just remember about some, and forget about the others. I remember that I still owe you a star.....

- Response by tangerine5, A Cool Mom, Female, 46-55, Who Cares?

I'm answering your questions in order:

Yes
No
Yes
No
Yes-dating

- Response by joes22, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 29-35, Other Profession

I have three "real" peeps here at answerology. I know them all before they came to answerology: One was my best friend of 5 years, the other is a dear friend, g/f and my hairdresser of 13 years~ the third one is my brother's g/f!! I introduced them all to answerology!! Am I a bad influence . . .or what?!? :) Mz. ;)

- Response by mzdejavue81, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Medical / Dental

i don't know anyone personally on here... and i would not tell my friends about here either. =) i have not met anyone on here.. friends or dating....

- Response by ladydimples, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Los Angeles, Who Cares?

I've never met anyone from the internet. It would take a heck of a lot to get me to consider meeting someone.

- Response by jambivalent, A Couch Potato, Male, 66 or older

This place is definitely not about hoping to hook up and date for me - I have a boyfriend, for starters....and I was very intrigued by the whole Q & A nature of this site. I have an advice columnist in me, and this site is an outlet for that. I notice that people who have their own pics posted tend to be single, and that's good - they're "out there". I would not post my picture, post any identifying information about me on here, I don't even reveal my first name. I definitely don't want to meet anyone - just exchange information.

(Mind you, I'm an incorrigible flirt and have a wee crush on a member)....!!!

- Response by sakura1, A Player, Female, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

Happy1981 is my daughter-in-law, 4thebettergetter is my sister, and scizzerhappy is my sister's best friend.
Others I feel I 'know' a little bit though and would love a chance to meet them.

- Response by chchia, A Married Girl, Female, 46-55, Medical / Dental

I met everyone here through A*ology. I talk to a few on a regular basis, like sweetgirl23 and freaktothecore.

I originally came to this website because I liked the Q&A stuff, but now I also love the community feeling. I am strictly here for friendship, not dating as I am in a very wonderful relationship.

- Response by ashton05, An Engaged Girl, Female, 26-28, Teaching

I personally know 1soomuchfun. I went to school with her and known her most of my life. Everyone else is just an acquaintance. I am sure if there was proper motiviation, I would meet some people.

- Response by busyb704, A Thinker, Female, 46-55, Other Profession

I met someone from here several years ago.. that was the only time until recently.

Now, I'm dating someone from the site.

I've talked to 2 others, but not met them yet. One is local and another is West Coast.

If all goes well, some of us are planning/hoping/trying to meet up on the 28th to hang out.

Considering how many are local to the NYC area.. it "shouldn't" be that hard to do ;)

So chchia is my mother in law who got me addicted to this place inthe begining, 4thebettergetter is my Aunt, grehdrake is my hubsand, kandikane is my best friend, and vitcimtosociety is also a friend of mine. (The last 3 are rarely here) And I made one frined here who may come and visit me in the next few months! (I can't wait!)
:P

- Response by happy1981, A Married Girl, Female, 29-35, Medical / Dental

I converse with a few people from this site.

One in particular is very cool and I am planning on visiting her in a month, caligirl1972. Going to stay a week at her place.

We're going to have lots and lots of 'fun' :D

- Response by fqu2, A Guy Critical, Male, 36-45

i know one person very very very well on aswerology because i live with him and thats spiralnotebook. other than that, i dont know anybody else that well. smart blond sent me a nice gift once and she is super nice.

- Response by widgetjojo11, A Married Girl, Female, 36-45

I don't know anyone from here offline...I just come here to answer questions, have some fun, and to get and give advice every now and then. It would take an awful lot for me to actually meet someone from here in the real world...I don't tell friends about this site because I kind of like to stay anonymous. For that same reason, I don't post a pic. If I became friends w/someone through here, that's cool--but what are the chances they're from the same city or fairly close by and we could actually hang out?

- Response by citygirl006, A Thinker, Female, 36-45, San Francisco, Other Profession

I don't know and haven't met anyone from "A" in real life... There are some from around here somewhere, and I'll think... I wonder if we'll ever cross paths? And if we do, then what? (dog chasing car)
There are some I hope that some day I'll meet.
I'd love to spend time with:
LazVegzChk, Rockee, Lovey, Rose Princess, Atticus, WetWired, Nora1968,

- Response by lovestream, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, Fitness

I dont have any friends here, but ihave so many friends in other sites and chating rooms ,getting to know alot of people on line is really cool but for some reason all my friends are male ;)dont know way and yes i met 3guys in person and one of them is from boston which i fill for but that didnt stop me from going on line to meet more friends ..

- Response by 1oldfashion, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Los Angeles, Therapist

I don't really know anyone and have only met them while I was on here..although I would really like to meet them in person...I would love to see what kind of rapport we had in real life. I love answerology and found it when I was seeking answers about a relationship that I wasn't sure I wanted to be in...:))