What is wrong with WASPY women?
Dating / 12:08 PM - Thursday October 05, 2006

What is wrong with WASPY women?

Why are all of the WASPY men going for the ethnic look? Are WASPY women unattractive in this multi-cultural era? What is wrong with a bloodline dating back to the Mayflower?

The only thing I can think is that it's not "politically correct" any more...

- Response by blondegirlfrnd, A Married Girl, Female, 36-45, Artist / Musician / Writer

I don't know what "waspy" means. :( I'll look it up, hold up.

Oooooh. Okay. I haven't noticed a trend against it, but I'll spread the word and order a revolution!

- Response by greenolive, A Thinker, Female, 26-28, Hospitality

Wow, who ever uses the word "waspy" anymore, except in a derogatory way? I think some people are concerned about whether your heritage dates back to the Mayflower, but not so much anymore. Yeah, it's a multi-cultural era, and will only continue to be more so. Difference is attractive, intriguing, challenging, sexy. Ain't nothing wrong with that.

- Response by noirblanc, An Alternative Girl, Female, 36-45, New York, Other Profession

Nothing at all honey...nothing at all

- Response by danna1122, A Career Woman, Female, 26-28, Toronto, Other Profession

My Nieces actually can trace their blood line back to the Mayflower and you should see the trash they date! :(

nothing, its not the bloodlines or the ethnicisity of it

its the body and personality and looks that men are attracked to, so if they are not going for you, then your failing in one of the three main areas

if you got looks and a body, then its your personality and that is actually a bigger thing for men, but the looks have to be there too

aloha

- Response by beautifulloser, A Rebel, Male, 36-45, Detroit, Executive

Well, I'm ethinic and very exotic, and my husband is such a wasp. He's gorgeous and blond, Ha! Just kidding. Men prefer different things. Though, I've always had wasps after me. It's the same for my indian friend as well. I think some people like what is different.

- Response by lillianflower, A Married Girl, Female, 29-35, Paris, Science / Engineering

What she means by WASPY is "White Anglo-Saxon Prodestant - y" men. Blonde haired blue eyed fair skined usually tall.

I think that it really does depend on the man and what his preferences are. We do live in a multi-cultural society and gone are the days when only blonde haired blue eyed women were the only oens that werte considered attractive. We have such a post-modern flowing idea of attractiveness and variety seems to be the key now.

I myself look "waspy" (red hair, blue eyes, fair skin) but i am jewish and i have no "ethnic" preferences towards males. I am equally attracted to "waspy" looking guys as i am to men who look "ethnic".

- Response by lindse, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Other Profession

I think it has to do with changes in society and changes in our attitudes. Dating someone of a different race isn't as tabu anymore as it used to be. A lot of people don't see it as a problem anymore so they are willing to try it and some people really like it. Opposites can attract. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a bloodline dating back to the Mayflower. But there is also nothing wrong with NOT having a bloodline dating back to the Mayflower either. There are a lot of "WASPY" men out there who probably still prefer dating "WASPY" women so I think your chances of finding one of those guys is still high.

Nothing wrong with it at all. I wonder though is it the look, or is it the social culture? Many waspy women to day are very strong feminists, many other ethnic groups are still more man centered.

- Response by falconf1, A Father Figure, Male, 36-45, Ottawa, Who Cares?

lol,

dear girl, bloodlines have nothing to do with dating other ethnicities. My bloodline goes back to 15th century Egypt, but none of it really matters now does it? My mother allways insists that I date only black women, and i subscribed to this for a while. In high school, they all wanted the "thugs," so rather than wait till they came to their senses (like my sister suggested), I moved on.

Maybe these guys just want something different. I love chocolate ice cream, but I also like strawberry, vanilla, pinapple, rocky road, etc. If you limit yourself to only one race of women, you're cutting yourself off at the knees and here's why:

In America,
the sex ratio is pretty even.
Ethnicities vary though:
white 81.7%, black 12.9%, Asian 4.2%, Amerindian and Alaska native 1%, native Hawaiian and other Pacific islander 0.2% (2003 est.)

Now you can break down whites into subgroups of European/Mediterranean descent another time. The point is that some of your men may have just had enough of the abundant resource that is you. In my case, my resources are very low. I find some nice black girls, but I find even more women if I open up my doors to Italians, Russians, Persians, Koreans, etc.
Dating is a numbers game anyway, why hurt yourself by cutting them in half?

- Response by marcellus, A Life of the Party, Male, 29-35, San Diego, Artist / Musician / Writer

Sorry, this one is out of my scope. It is an interesting question though...

- Response by illuminatus, A Life of the Party, Male, 26-28, Boston, Self-Employed

It's for the same reason that blonde, blue-eyed women are popular with Latino men. Opposites attract.

what's waspy?

- Response by sinamen, A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Houston, Who Cares?

"WASPY" must be a term that's waaaay out of my range. I pictured a man/woman with hornet's wings. Can you explain?

- Response by wudaddy, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 29-35, Dallas, Law Enforcement