How can I tell if a married ma ...
7:17 PM - Wednesday November 20, 2002

How can I tell if a married man is interested or just being friendly?

- Asked by A Career Woman, Female, 29-35, Administrative

Well, he's a guy like any other. How do you know any guy is interested? Still, married guys (I'm guessing here) would probably be more discreet. Divorces cost a lot- in pain and money. My guess is he'd talk about problems at home-specifically about how badly his wife is treating him, etc. he'd make very subtle passes to see how you react. he might invite you out to get 'a woman's opinion' about something, then stop for drinks or dinner. How do you react to him? Do you WANT him to hit on you?

- Response by lkpsu, A Mr. Married Guy, Male, 36-45, Baltimore, Administrative

How would you tell if an unmarried man is interested or just being friendly? After all, it's essentially the same thing with the BIG difference being that there's a ring involved. If the married man makes you feel as if he wants more than friendship, then you should do what you feel is necessary and correct for you. If he's just being a friend, without expectations, then build a friendship with him and get to know his wife too.

- Response by edot, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, Seattle, Other Profession

well sam, you got to just ask! as u know we all flirt but if u think that he wants more then u need to ask or put the pressure on in the direction u want things to go. because if he is just being friendly he will say so then licuallday

- Response by licuallday, A Guy Critical, Male, 36-45, Baltimore, Financial / Banking

That's pretty hard to say. How do you know when a single is interested? I would say that to be sure you would have to wait for an outright admission from him like a pass.

- Response by shamble, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 29-35, Baltimore

I would say that a married man will be more bold when he is pursuing. Dropping obvious hints about how there is love lost in the marriage. How ever way he chooses it will not be as subtle as alittle friendly flirting? Good Luck and take care!

- Response by mackinevil, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 22-25, Baltimore, Medical / Dental

Hi SecretSam07! Well, this question makes me want to ask you: why do you care if he is interested? Would you take the bait if he was offering? And if so, that's nothing but bad news. I think you would know if a man was interested in you or not, if he wasn't married and making you think he is interested, would you think he was? The same applies if he is married. One of my favorite quotes is 'rings don't plug holes'! If he is interested, be careful!

- Response by mnguycrit, A Rebel, Male, 26-28, Minneapolis