How to get him interested in me again?
Dating / 10:49 AM - Monday February 20, 2006

How to get him interested in me again?

a while ago I met a guy, the type of guy I'd love to get involved with.

He asked me out and we dated for a while...while we were seeing each other he was very interested in me, and was seeking committed relationship. The more he showed interest the least i became interested in him.

he got the message and moved on yet stayed good friends. then last year he moved to another state, and as the time passes we seem to be losing touch with each other.

However, in the last few months I feel that I'm ready for relationship and am thinking about him, and that whether he's still interested in me. 2 nights ago, I went to see him he hasn't changed a bit he approaches me as if we're good friends. he's still single and not seeing anyone

my question is that is there a way i could get his attention back? or a way to let him know that I'm interested in giving us another shot?

- Asked by An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35, Science / Engineering

I think what others have said about telling him straight up is the way to handle it the only thing i would add is to show him how good of a friend you can be first it sounds like he may live a good distance from you so e-mail text call whatever you can do to make it seem like your part of his life and you care about him. if your really ready for a relationship with him spending a couple of months building his confedence will be worth it and then tell him. but be aware that if you tell him and then do the flip flop again you r friendship probably won't survive.

- Response by jordan1989, A Life of the Party, Female, 18-21, Who Cares?

If you logged on here and asked us, which is cool by the way, You can talk to him directly and tell him exactly what you said here and ask his thoughts. Communication at the source although hard to do, is the best way. Plus you wont get advice like here, but a real answer. Good luck I hope the end result makes you smile!

- Response by arizonalion, A Creative, Male, 26-28, Phoenix, Artist / Musician / Writer

There is a very easy way to let him know, Tell him straight. Be honest and staright with him the fact that he is still single is a good sign, go out a few times as friends to test the water, talk to him about how he used to fancy you and see what his reaction is.

If he sounds embarassed or shy chances are he could still like you so again just be honest with him. You can even add in that you are sorry that it's taken you this long to realise what a sweet loving man he is and that you regret not taking him up on his offer.

- Response by jonesy4246, A Creative, Male, 29-35, London, Other Profession

if this guy is stupid and desperate you got lots of chance! why would this guy want you no offense. your in another state, and when he started to be himself and like you, you got turned off. do you like him because he is capable of moving on and is indiferent to you now? thats the yo-yo effect. but attraction is attraction and it has no logic i bet that if you explained the nature of your attraction to him it would probably make him interested

- Response by segafredo, A Creative, Male, 26-28, Washington, DC, Food Service