Why do men push away women and ...
10:05 AM - Wednesday September 25, 2002

Why do men push away women and still claim they don't want to lose you?

- Asked by A Creative, Female, 26-28, Administrative

Because in general, guys are dumb! We develop a serious case of 'the grass is always greener...' and don't realize what we're doing until afterwards and then we say we don't want to lose you. Doesn't make much sense huh? Yeah, it doesn't to me either, even thought I've done it before. Hope this helps!

- Response by chiguy22000, A Life of the Party, Male, 22-25, Chicago

I actually asked the guy I was into and dated for awhile this question...we were so great in the beginning (as it always is) then all of a sudden he pushed away and totally ignored me & rejected me. It hurt. I hung with him tonight & his response was "because I was falling too hard for you and I'm not in a position to be in a relationship." So, based on your situation, it may be him, not anything you did...and my response was, "well, I didn't want a relationship with you either!" and since then we have been friends, just hanging out. And it's mutual and cool (I'm just happy to have him in my life again) and there's no pressure...it's all about communication too, we were hanging out everyday and sometimes you need a break-I sure did and it's always good to have your own time for yourself.

- Response by A Thinker, Female, 29-35, Miami

If your having this problem then it sounds like the guy doesn't appriciate you and is taking you for granted. Sometimes guys do this because they don't know what they want but when it comes down to it, they're don't want to lose what they have. If I knew more about the situation I could give you better advice but if he keeps doing this to you then I think its time to step. Find a nice guy who will appriciate you.

- Response by theniceguy, A Hip Hop Guy, Male, 26-28, San Francisco, Technical

Believe it or not. Men like to be comforted and they also like the feeling of having a relationship. A love relationship. For some reason a love relationship is totally different than any other kind and they don't want to lose it..Anything else?

- Response by nickswim, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 22-25, Chicago, Financial / Banking