How to Ignore a girl you like?
Dating / 3:15 AM - Monday November 28, 2005

How to Ignore a girl you like?

Alright, how do i forget about the girl that i like? easy answers are like stop talking to her, but i like her so please advice me on how to deal with this.

- Asked by A Creative, Male, 26-28, Los Angeles, Technical

You just have to

I shut this emotion off a long time ago-I simply stopped caring-do you think you have my kind of willpower? That's what it takes.

- Response by jillopo, An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35

(a) focus on another girl you like. It may be hard but it can be done. Find what you like about this girl and look for that in someone else.
(b) focus on what you don't like about her. I'm sure you've idealized her but start thinking of things that wouldn't sit well if you were together. Like 'she doesn't like parties and I'd get bored soon' etc.

- Response by A Creative, Female, 29-35, Atlanta, Technical

Hi,Remind your self the you always deserve one who really respect and deserves your feelings,Keep your self busy all the time,hang out with friends and meet new people,Every thing takes time and you will find the ONE.

- Response by sarona, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 29-35, Rome, Executive

It's hard. Really hard. It takes time. You wont' be able to totally "erased" her from your brain, but you can reduce the feeling slowly.
But overall, you are going to be just fine.
Just take it easy and not make it a big deal. That way, you can decreased your feeling level towards her.
good luck.

- Response by alext777, A Player, Male, 26-28, Los Angeles, Science / Engineering

Get other women in your life... go to a club or similar where women are looking to hookup as well.

Now once you hookup with three women, tell me if your still obsessing over this one girl!

- Response by A Life of the Party, Male, 26-28, Student

I don't get this. You like her, yet you want to forget about her? Why?
If you two can't be together, so it be. But nobody said you have to forget about her. You could still be with her as friends for example. It's not going to be easy, but it's a possibility.
In general, that's what I do, because I hate to cut off all contact with people I like. And I've had very good experiences with it.
Good Luck to you!
O:-D

- Response by rockhopper, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 29-35, Zurich, Who Cares?

Uh, ok, it's not that hard to do, just find another girl you like.

- Response by Hazelnut, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, Los Angeles, Technical

You never forget, it just gets easier to deal with. I wonder why you want to forget. Why not concentrate on winning her over.

- Response by aidensdad, A Father Figure, Male, 29-35, Seattle, Administrative

Dude. Sorry to hear this. My advice: stop talking to her. I know it's not what you want to hear, but bro, if you keep seeing her and talking to her, you can't forget about her. I read the question that you asked, and I know the actual question you are trying to ask. Your question is "how do I get a girl who doesn't like me to like me?" or "how do I deal with the fact that this chick isn't into me?" It's really a damned shame that the answer to all three of those questions is stop talking to her. I used to be in your shoes all the time. Unrequited love is a bitch. The thing is, you and I are really hopeful. We figure that if we stick around long enough, that girl will realize how great we are and that they really should be with us. Bad news, bro. It doesn't work. The best thing for you to do is to stop talking to her, or maybe talk to her once a week, and get out there and have some fun. The truth is, once you get out there, go on a few dates with other girls, get your mojo going, become a busy guy, then she'll actually start liking you more. If you're always there for her, you become "too easy" women want a challenge. So only talk to her once a week, and tell her you're busy, even when you're not. Go out and have fun with friends, go on dates with other girls. Basically, bro, once you get over her, she'll actually start wanting you, so get over her.

- Response by riffmeister, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 18-21, Miami, Artist / Musician / Writer