Emotionally defensive women
Intimacy (Rated-PG) / 9:23 AM - Wednesday September 07, 2005

Emotionally defensive women

This is aimed towards woman

If you were emotionally defensive which was caused by past relationships and not having your dad when growing up, if you met someone whom you let your defenses down for, what made you do it?

thanks
...

- Asked by A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 26-28, Glasgow, Who Cares?

Well..either the fact that he just wouldn't leave me alone (the guy I've been dating for over a year now)...or a guy who is just very sincere in everything he says...never lies...sort of wears his heart out there on his sleeve (the guy I'm dating now). :o) When a girl is pulling from past relationships what she is really wanting is someone to be completely, no bullshit, honest with her. If you do that...and communicate your feelings openly, then that says a lot to a girl. Good luck hun! ;)

- Response by wolfwalker, A Thinker, Female, 22-25, Student

Well for me it was understanding and compassion. We talked for hours, and everything was open. There were no judgements made, and when I did get defensive, he understood and was so amazingly patient which he did all on his own. It showed that he really does care, and I think that's why we are so close. We both think that we met each other for a reason. And he told me that he will do [and has done] things for me that he would never do for anyone else, and he doesn't even know why. I feel the same way, so if it's the right person, you will find it easier, and do things you never would've thought you would do for someone.
:)

- Response by smash1, A Creative, Female, 29-35, Artist / Musician / Writer