Pinky ring
Dating / 10:29 AM - Tuesday July 19, 2005

Pinky ring

What do you think of a older man that wears a gold pinky ring? What does it tell you about him?

- Asked by A Rebel, Male, 46-55, Rochester, Retired

i would think it was gay. and odd.

- Response by laurabeth, An Alternative Girl, Female, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

Strange creature of God. Unless he comes up with a story about how it's his daughter's ring and he likes to keep her close to him by wearing the little ring.

- Response by roxx, A Trendsetter, Female, 36-45

As long as it's something somewhat simple (plain gold band or maybe something with a small sapphire or onyx), it would just tell me he's stylish, if anything. I not only don't mind a little jewelry on men, and it may even make me think he is more distinguished. Now, if it's a larger signet ring or something - ick.

- Response by meralene, An Engaged Girl, Female, 29-35, Administrative

Don't do it, man. I think its only acceptable if your an extra in the Sopranos, have a part time career as a pimp, or have gotten so fat that your wedding band no longer fits on your ring finger.

- Response by iberian, A Rebel, Male, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

I dont like them on men and I dont like yellow gold as long as its small and tasteful i guess and it would have to be an older man.

- Response by gypsy231, A Trendsetter, Female, 22-25, Who Cares?

To me, it says that he is old school, italian or something like that.

- Response by lula77, A Sportif, Female, 26-28, Atlanta

I don't really like rings on men of any age. I heard somewhere: "never trust a man who wears pinky rings" LOL I don't know weather that's true but it does kind of give off a "guido" vibe...

- Response by hart528, A Sportif, Female, 22-25, Salt Lake City, Financial / Banking

Is there some meaning to a pinky ring and why does it matter if the man is older? Sorry couldn't help.

- Response by A Creative, Female, Who Cares?, Baltimore, Other Profession

I always think of the Godfather. It reminds me of the older guys in Vegas, Italians w/ pinky rings. It's too much. Too self-involved looking. I personally like a nice turquise or silver ring on the left hand. Rings on guys can be hot, but not on the pinky.

- Response by lala1974, An Alternative Girl, Female, 29-35, Sacramento, Self-Employed

Steriotypically, it tells me he is gay.

- Response by less2star, A Life of the Party, Female, 29-35, Self-Employed

Stereotypically, I think of sugardaddies and mobsters, or men who gamble a lot in Vegas...the stuff they show on TV. However, I have met older men who wore pinky rings. Many of the rings had sentimental value to the wearer. The thing about pinky rings is that I think they will always be tacky. Very gigolo...lots of chest hair, some gold teeth, and bad aviator sunglasses w/ a gradient tint.

What the pinky ring makes me think of and what it really is are two totally different things. I do not think I could trust a guy with a pinky ring. It makes me think that he's undersided. Maybe he's bookie...

- Response by alteaon, A Creative, Female, 26-28, Who Cares?

PIMP

- Response by outlaw, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 36-45, Athens, Executive

His other fingers were too big to fit it!! I would think nothing really exept that he prefers to wear a gold pinky ring! I really don't see anything wrong with it at all!

- Response by natty, A Cool Mom, Female, 29-35, Student

a wanna be pimp..maybe a really bad used car saleman

- Response by luckyinkentucky, A Cool Mom, Female, 29-35, Who Cares?

Just for everybody's knowledge. In Canada, when you graduate in an engineering degree you get what is called the Iron Ring. It is a silvered colered (not made in iron anymore) and it is worn on the pinky of the writting hand. It symbolizes your responsabilities has an engineer.

So don't jump to conlusion when you see a pinky ring.

- Response by goloap, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 22-25, Montreal, Student

Mobster, or affiliated. Only a man who knows someone who will or is someone who will break your legs can wear a pinky ring.

- Response by thefro, A Life of the Party, Male, 26-28, Chicago, Technical

my father wears one .. can we say italian mafia????

- Response by mrsreed69, A Player, Female, 26-28, Chicago, Teaching

I have thought about this question for a while. I tried to go with my first thought of a man with a gold pinky ring.
As luck would have it, I went to the store and the male cashier had a gold pinky ring! He was a very nice gentleman, and that just confirmed what I thought in the first place. It doesn't matter what you have on, it matters how you treat people.

- Response by moodmagic, A Cool Mom, Female, 36-45, Pittsburgh, Other Profession

I'd be looking for your goomba's trailing behind you.

- Response by amy63116, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 36-45, St.Louis, Managerial

I think it looks sexy! Would never make me think he's gay.

My dad had a yellow gold and saphire pinky ring. All the years he was single, women (sometimes half my age) were lining up at his door. He gave the ring to my son (both born in September), who sported Cupcake Pink hair at the time.

- Response by stargazr39, A Guy Critical, Female, Who Cares?, Seattle, Political / Government

He's in the mob?

- Response by keldog4511, A Creative, Female, 46-55, Philadelphia, Managerial

I think that means he thought he was a pimp in his day!

- Response by cocolishious, A Sweet Sarah, Female, 29-35, Pittsburgh, Home Maker

I am Italian and I wear one but I'm not gay. I guess if you ever saw me you could say I am th stereotype of Italian gangster. I wear a gold chain and watch and ring but I'm not a confirmed guy but a few close relatives of mine are and they dont and the other guys like them dont wear a lot of jewelry. They will wear a watch but not a gaudy one some of the old timers will wear one but they dont lokk like Mr.T.

- Response by A Guy Critical, Male, 29-35, New York, Construction

LOLOLOL!!! All of your answers are so extrememly funny! How can it be possible that men would let themselves be so controlled by women? Kings, Pharaohs, Indians, anyone of older times wore make-up, jewelry, piercings etc. no limits and still acted and were masculine! Now men are SO extrememly controlled and they even fear peoples judgements and don't even know they are being controlled. By the way, I've never worn a pinky ring until my aunts death, then my mother wore her ring and after my mother passing on I wear that ring (a simple gold band) on my fifth finger (ok, pinky finger!) let GO and just do what you like guys!!! : P

- Response by open2hart, A Guy Critical, Male, 46-55, Miami, Who Cares?

I wear one. It is a simple gold signet ring that belonged to my grandfather. I only wear it when I go out to functions and apart from my wedding ring and watch that is the extent of my jewelry. I am straight, married, Italian and no longer confirmed. My grandfather was a made man.

- Response by A Father Figure, Male, 46-55, Houston, Other Profession

if he is Chinese or believe in Chinese culture, it means stop other people to do bad thing behind him. In Chinese culture, pinky ring in special metal have special power. it would work for both men and women. If a Chinese wearing pinky ring doesn't mean he/she is gay, and it has nothing to do with fashione either.

- Response by logsin, A Thinker, Female, 22-25