Sleepless nights
Philosophy / 4:41 AM - Sunday March 06, 2005

Sleepless nights

What do you do when you can only sleep for an hour for nights in a row from4 p.m. to 5p.m.? I am tired, but I can't sleep, because i lie awake crying at night instead of sleeping soundly!
Lately I sleep in the day, and stay awake at night. i don't know what is coming over me! I need help! Can you explain what is wrong with me?

- Asked by A Creative, Female, 22-25, San Francisco, Student

If you're crying instead of sleeping, you probably have some issues in your life that are creating anxiety and depression. Things probably won't get better until you resolve whatever your issues are.

If you are tired, but can't fall asleep...and you are in desperate need of sleep, try drinking a few cups of chamomile tea. It's a mild, but effective herbal tea that is very soothing and relaxing. Two cups of this and usually I can't keep my eyes open.

- Response by An Intellectual Guy, Male, 29-35, Detroit, Science / Engineering

Stress, anxiety, worry and depression. Something is on your mind. You sleep in the day due to sheer exhaustion. But the crying at night is the key. You are upset and can't resolve what is going on.
How is your appetite? Have you have any weight gain or loss recently?
Let me know.

- Response by jazzguy3170, An Intellectual Guy, Male, 46-55, San Francisco, Teaching

It sounds like you might be depressed. I know this will sound silly, but it works for me. Replay in your mind, the BEST compliments you've ever gotten. It will make you feel better about yourself. Don't sleep from 4 to 5 stay awake - it will make you more tired. Have some herbal tea, take a warm bath to relax then cool off before going to sleep. Also read Lady Chatterly's Lover. VERY risque for the time - but that was a long time ago...good luck!

- Response by kitty27, A Creative, Female, 36-45, Los Angeles, Celebrity

Go and see your Doctor ASAP you might have sleep acnia. I have the same problem I could only sleep for 20 minutes every 3 or 4 hours with a new diet & medication I can now sleep up to 4 to 5 hours a night. I hope it works for you.. Oldman 52 Australia..

- Response by oldman52, A Mr. Nice Guy, Male, 56-65, Sydney, Retired

xxxxxxxxxx.uk/WhatisSAD .htm

- Response by gracefire, A Hip Hop Girl, Female, Who Cares?, Who Cares?

If you are having trouble sleeping for even a few nights straight, I suggest you see a doctor. It is nothing to be ashamed of, but some of us know from experience that lack of sleep can affect your whole life. If you are crying instead of sleeping, that means the not sleeping part is only a symptom of a problem. You may want to talk to a shrink about it. It is again nothing to be ashamed of, your own business, and you would seek medical attention for a strep infection so think of this as something similar even though it involves the mind. Good luck.

- Response by A Married Girl, Female, 66 or older, Philadelphia, Retired

go to a dr.
i had the same problem...it was S.A.D
long winters = depression in some people without them even realizing they are depressed