The Best Of Answerology

Can a Revere 6Qt. have the teflon removed and get to the stainless steel?
House & Home

I have removed most of coating with drill with steel brush.

- Asked by Female, 66 or older

We strongly recommend that you not use this pan after the nonstick coating has been removed. If you're concerned about cooking in nonstick cookware, we would recommend that you buy untreated stainless steel or cast-iron cookware.

- Response by ghresearchinstitute1900, Female, 36-45, New York

Why have you done this> Most times when a pan of some sort is covered in teflon or some other non-stick surface the metal underneath is cooking grade. Might as well trash it now. Just buy the Revere ware that is all stainless steel.

- Response by A Life of the Party, Male, 46-55, Self-Employed

I don't know if I'd use the pan after the teflon has been removed. Does the stainless part have the correct coating for cooking on directly? Or does the stainless have another coating to accept the teflon? These are questions I would want answered before I'd cook on it. What's wrong with purchasing a new pan? There are many pans out there that are reasonably priced in the stainless steel genre.

- Response by Female, 66 or older, Retired

- Response by A Jock, Male

These potato's are Delish..oh, and what have we here...Garnished with of "Teflon Flakes"....Food channel recipe ??

Granma, you're The Best..I cant wait for Thanksgiving in your kichen.....Mmmm..mm..Mm mmmmm

- Response by A Life of the Party, Male, 36-45, Other Profession

Oops sorry meant to say is NOT cooking grade metal.

Why not just buy a stainless steel pot?

- Response by A Creative, Male, San Francisco, 46-55, Administrative