The Best Of Answerology

I accidently washed a tissue paper with my black pants. How do i get the tissue fibers out.
House & Home

Lint roller didn't work or wet washcloth. I washed them twice and nothing is helping.

- Asked by Female, Denver, 36-45

You're in luck. We tried several methods at the Good Housekeeping Research Institute and using a scrub sponge was the best method. Simply wipe the pants with the scrubby side of a scrub sponge to remove the tissue fibers. It may be even easier to remove the lint when the pants are dry.

For more answers to solving clothing dilemmas, click here

- Response by ghresearchinstitute1900, Female, 36-45, New York

pressure washer

- Response by A Married Girl, Female, 26-28

Throw them in the drawer on low heat.

- Response by A Thinker, Female, Chicago, 46-55, Administrative

Did you wash them without anything else in the washer with them? Wash them alone and hit the rinse cycle twice...If that doesn't work, try the dry cleaners.

I think a lot depends upon what kind of fabric your black pants are made from. If they are made from a looser weave, instead of rolling the sticky tape over the fabric, take the tape and blot it to get in between the thread fibers. I have sometimes resorted to picking out tissue fibers with a pair of tweezers. Also there is something called "sweater stone" that is a pumice like stone used for rubbing out pills on sweaters that might work (The Container Store carries it).

- Response by Female, Seattle, 56-65, Retired